With hundreds of online course platforms available in the market today, creators often find themselves wondering which platform can meet either requirements best. Among competitors like Thinkific and Kajabi, there is one platform that has gained a lot of attention in recent years: Podia.
Multiple creators have asked me if it’s any good and how well it performs. So, I thought I’d share my experience with this creator-centric platform in this Podia Review. Hope it helps you make an informed decision.
What is Podia?
Podia is an online platform that allows creators to create and sell online courses, digital downloads, and memberships. The platform was launched in 2014 in New York City as Coach and later rebranded as Podia in 2017.
The coach helped more than 7,500 creators to create and sell their digital courses to customers. As they rebranded as Podia, the company emerged with new aspirations having raised $3 million in seed funding. That’s when the platform began to sell memberships as well as offering their customers to make revenue too.
Now maybe a good time to note that Podia does not charge you a 5% fee on what you earn on the platform. On top of that, you can make direct one-off sales to your customers which truly makes the company stand out. That’s not all; let’s take a look at what Podia offer you.
- Easy to navigate interface
- You can create and sell your digital ware from within the platform
- Well defined UI and UX
- Offers unlimited courses and products
- Priced reasonably
- Does not charge any transaction fee on your sales unlike most of its competitors
- The platform is very creator-friendly
- Email composer is not as customizable
- Does not offer certification feature
- Does not offer any free plans
What Does Podia Offer?
Using Podia, you can do the following:
- Editor: Podia offers you full control of your store. Using this feature, you can edit how your digital store looks, whether you want to add more sections, or widgets - the store is absolutely customizable thanks to the editor section in Podia.
- Products: Tweak the settings in this section and create your info-based content.
- Membership: Creating your membership portals has been made super simple by Podia. You can charge your customers a fee to have them subscribe to it.
- Emails: You can run various email marketing campaigns on Podia and keep your audience engaged. Whether you want to send broadcast, newsletter, or automated emails - it’s all possible using the features offered in this section. There are two email marketing campaigns on this platform: Drip Campaign and One-Off newsletters
- Customers: This section has all your customers listed in an organized manner along with your newsletters.
- Sales: Choose how you want to accept payment in this section. You will be notified as soon as you receive a payment or an invoice.
- Settings: Your storefront is totally customizable - you can choose the URL, tax information, language, and more in this section.
The key feature of this platform is course creation and delivery. You can create various information-based courses directly on the platform, and deliver using its built-in tool. Podio lets you create the video content using Wistia and also offers unlimited storage. These features come with your subscription; no additional charges are applied.
Not only that, but you can also organize your content as you deem fit, and if you change your mind later, you can simply reorganize the content, it’s that simple! Podia also allows you to engage learners and keep track of their progress on various courses.
When it comes to delivering your content, there is a built-in course player on the platform. It is well-designed and easy to use. It allows you to fast forward, jump to the next or previous video rather easily. Not only easy navigation, but the player also offers a neat comments section at the bottom. The platform is ad-free, and the content area takes up the entire screen. Your customers can engage in a great learning experience without any distractions.
There’s another feature that we love in Podia: Quizzes. Not only can you track your learners’ progress, but you can also create various Quiz papers to help your students assess their progress. With this, Podia really completes an excellent learning package.
There are two price plans on Podia:
The mover plan charges you $39 per month. And if you choose to take annual billing, you will be charged $390 for the whole year. So you can save two months’ fee when billed annually. The plan includes Online Courses, Digital Download, Email Marketing, 24/7 Support, and much more. It is important to note that using this plan; you can sell digital content without membership.
In contrast, the Shaker plan will offer you memberships plus more for only $79 per month. When billed annually, it is only $790 for an entire year. The plan offers all that the Mover plan does and more. You can get affiliate marketing and free migration using this plan.
While there are no free plans on this platform, you can sign up for a 14 days free trial. If you’re not convinced by their service, you can simply decide to leave - no charges! Moreover, you can terminate your subscription to Podia at any time of the year. The platform accepts payment via PayPal or Stripe.
Digital content creators can find all essential features in Podia. It makes a compelling platform if you are planning to sell your online classes, digital download, and memberships to your customers directly without counting any transaction fee.
I have enjoyed my experience with Podia and found it to be rather an easy platform, even for beginners. Having read this Podia Review, I hope you have a better understanding of what the platform offers and whether it will be the right choice for you.
Enjoying these posts? Subscribe for moreSubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in